melbourne – senior consultant transport engineer/planner
We are looking to appoint a Senior Consultant for our Transport Planning and Traffic Engineering teams for our Melbourne office. This is a great role for someone who has sound traffic engineering and/or transport planning capabilities and is ready to take on more project responsibilities and build their industry profile. The role will be focused on delivering the following type of projects:
- Major retail/shopping centres
- Large infill residential
- DoT pop up bike lanes
- Council ITS / Parking Precinct Plan
- Suburban Rail
Specific activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Directors in achieving overall corporate objectives
- Preparation of fee proposals and scoping of jobs
- Preparation of development impact assessments
- Complex technical analysis of traffic flows and assessment of mitigation measures
- Preparation and delivery of traffic engineering and transport planning reports
- Presentation at public meetings
- Presentation of expert testimony at Panel hearings
- Undertaking road safety audits and blackspot assessments
- Schematic design of road and parking layouts
- Building, calibrating, analysing and auditing both simple and complex models of transport networks / road systems
- Managing priorities and workloads to deliver on time and budget
- Completion of a tertiary degree in civil engineering or other related area. Post graduate qualifications desirable.
- Experience in traffic engineering and/or transport planning including project management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- High level of mathematical skills
What GTA will offer you…
- The chance to be part of a close knit team where your opinions and input is sought
- Opportunity to work with senior team on complex projects
- Opportunity to develop your project management skills and diverse project exposure
- Great office culture and benefits
More about the firm
GTA Consultants is one of Australia's largest transportation consultancies. We plan, design and deliver the transport infrastructure and services required for productive and liveable cities and regions. Established in 1989, we offer an end-to-end service from initial project planning and feasibility work, through approvals and design, to construction and delivery on the ground.
Working for both government and private industry around the country, we have a guiding philosophy based on delivering progressive and integrated land use and transport planning outcomes. Our reputation rests on the quality of the relationships we maintain with delivery partners, policy makers and state authorities, the way we look for thoughtful solutions that add something to each project, and most importantly the people that make up our award-winning team and make GTA a great place to work.
If you like the idea of working with like-minded professionals who are passionate about the transport industry, then please use the form below to send your CV to us for consideration.
Like the idea of this role and keen to find out more. Read on or click this link to apply.
- Employment Type
Melbourne – Senior Consultant Transport Engineer/Planner
- Employment Type